For NEW Students:
We are excited that you have decided to apply for admission to McKinney Christian Academy! We have consolidated the admission process into three steps, to make navigating through the requirements simple and straightforward:
- Please complete the Online Application, along with the supporting documents and the $200 Application Fee. The list of supporting documents is included on the “Application Instructions”.
- Once the application has been received in the Admissions Office, we will schedule a time for your child to be tested and complete a student visit.
Average testing times are as follows:
- Applying for PreK = 30 minutes
- Applying for Kindergarten = 45 minutes
- Applying for Grade 1 = 2 hours
- Applying for Grades 2 or 3 = 2 ½ hours
- Applying for Grade 4 – Grade 12 = 3 hours
Student visit dates for applicants applying for 3rd-12th grades will be scheduled by the Admissions Office during the months of October-April. The general times for the visits are as follows:
- Applying for Grade 3, 7:50am – 12:00pm
- Applying for Grades 4-5, 7:50am – 12:30pm
- Applying for Grades 6-8, 7:35am - 12:30pm
- Applying for Grades 9-12, 8:25am - 1:15pm
- The final step in the process is an interview with one of our administrators. If student is applying for PreK – Grade 5, only the parents of the student will need to attend the interview. If student is applying for Grade 6 – Grade 12, both the parents and the student are included in the interview process. International students will interview via Skype.
After all three steps have been completed, you will receive an admissions decision. If the decision is to “accept,” we will give the Enrollment Contract and supporting documents to you. You will have two weeks to complete your online enrollment and submit it with the $875 Admission Fee.
If you have any questions about the admission process, please feel free to call the Admissions Office any time:
Elaine Mayberry – Admissions Director, ext. 4325
Kate Perry – Registrar/Academic Counselor, ext. 4335
Angie Gerdes - Admission and Guidance Coordinator, ext. 4305
Catie Snow – International Student Program Coordinator, ext. 4399
We look forward to working with your family!