The Guidance Office exists to provide academic support services for Upper School students and parents. We are available to assist students in the areas of course and diploma selection, testing, college applications and college selection.
The Guidance Office has additional roles at the Upper School. The Registrar maintains all of the academic records such as report cards and transcripts. We monitor academic standing and eligibility. Standardized testing programs such as PSAT, PLAN, Stanford, and AP exams are administered through the Guidance office.
Begin Your College Planning Early
College preparation begins in junior high school or even earlier with the development of study skills and the gaining of knowledge. As a college preparatory school, our academic environment and goals include preparing each MCA student to be a successful college student. We provide the counseling and courses needed, but the students and parents must also be thinking ahead to prepare for college success. Below are some checklists you may reference as college preparation timeline guides for each school year.
Resources for Students & Parents:
- Orientation to MCA Upper School for Parents [ PDF ]
- Academic Guidance for students entering 10th Grade [ PDF ]
- Academic Guidance for students entering 11th Grade [ PDF ]
- Academic Guidance for students entering 12th Grade [PDF ]
- Course Planning Guide for students entering 10th Grade [ PDF ]
- Course Planning Guide for students entering 11th/12th Grades [ PDF ]
- ACT College Planning Checklist
- Federal Student Aid College Preparation Checklist
The Guidance Office desires to serve our students and families. We welcome your contact.
Academic Counselor & Registrar (ext. 4335)
Upper School Principal