Lower / Middle / Upper Schools Carpool Traffic Flow Instructions
In our efforts to enhance the safety of our campus and protect our children, directional signage and barriers are installed throughout the campus. It is important that our families follow these directions so they can be an example to our guests that visit our campus. During the school day, we will be blocking off part of the driveway south of the SLC and continuing around towards the Lower School with a chain and crosswalk sign. This is so our students can cross over to the playground with out fear of being hit by a speeding vehicle. Furthermore, this will eliminate cars being able to drive by the playground area. This barrier will be in place from 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM.
Please slow down while driving on campus and do not use your cell phone while driving on campus. At no time, is the upper loop by the Administration Building to be utilized for 2-way traffic. Furthermore, there should be no parking in any Fire Lane. This is a violation and is subject to ticketing and fines by the City of McKinney Police Department. As a reminder, the West driveway is Enter Only and the East driveway is Exit Only at all times.
- Enter the west driveway. If you are dropping off a LS or combination of LS/MS/US student, stay on the right side of the lane and turn right at the top of the hill. Once you have turned, move over to the left hand side of the lane and continue down towards the LS. MS students can only be dropped off at the LS or US. Do not drop your MS student off between the Gym and Middle School. If you are dropping off multiple children in any combination of LS/MS/US, all must be dropped off at the LS. The MS/US students can walk to their respective campus.
- The second option for dropping off a combination of LS/MS/US, would be to do the carpool loop multiple times.
- During drop–off and pick-up, students will exit on the left side of the car. There will be barriers so that at no time will a car pass on the right hand side of the car.
- After dropping off, please move forward and merge over to the right side of the lane in order to exit out the east driveway, when directed. Do not pull in front of the US entrance to drop-off of pick-up students.
- During carpool, at no time should MS or US students unload or load in front SLC or Administrative building.
- MS/US students will be dropped off at the US campus.
- Pre-K and K pickup – only between 2:30-2:50 PM: Please enter the west driveway and stay on the right side of the lane and turn right at the top of the hill. Once you have turned, move over to the left hand side of the lane and continue down towards the LS.
- 1st-5th grade pickup – 3:10 PM: If you have students in these grades, do not line up in carpool prior to 2:50 PM. If you do, you will be directed to circle around and get back in line.
- If you are also picking up a MS and/or US student, the older sibling must walk down to the LS to get their younger sibling and load at the LS. Therefore, do not plan on picking them up until after 3:15 PM. If you have to wait on a MS/US students, you will be asked to circle around and get in the US carpool line.
Click on Picture below for Larger Version